View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #49
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
The Knicks are 0-3, but they are a couple of bounces from being 2-1 -

and,

Danilo Gallinari is no joke. This kid is going to be awesome. He has the potential to be a superstar power forward like Dirk.

Possibly better.
The real question is, who will be the better player between Gallinari and Bargs? At this point Gallinari is an extremely glorified VladRad. Bargs is the better defender and has a more versatile offensive game. Both are very poor rebounders.

Gallinari will never be Dirk, I can guarantee you that. He will never have the post game of Dirk, never have the rebounding skills, and never have the ability to create his own shot and get to the FT line like Dirk. Danilo is putting up dozens of threes with the Knicks, well, because it's D'Antoni. Bargs would be doing the same thing there. Gallinari is 6"11, 220. Yes, he can grow into a better rebounder like Dirk did. Yes, he can become a better defender, ect. But, having watched him for awhile, I don't think he has the ability/skills to ever create for himself or play in the post like Dirk does. I think he'll always be a shooter, granted a 20-25 PPG shooter. Perhaps a taller prime Peja.

In the long run though, I see Bargs being the better overall player.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote