View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #11
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Wow, Yao Ming to the Hall of Fame??

I'm sorry, but being an "ambassador to the game" is not worthy of a Hall of Fame selection. No way Yao should end up there - his career and playoff achievements are lacking and his last few All-Star selections were 100% bogus.

The guy SHOULD have had a HoF career, but he was never healthy enough - he only played 486 of 656 games in his 8-year career... By that standard, the only thing Greg Oden should be lacking to make the HoF is a Chinese citizenship...
As much as it pains me to say it, I agree with this assessment. Yao's on-the-court contributions are insufficient to make a logical argument for the HoF. The fact that he only had 4 seasons where he played in excess of 70% of games meant we never saw enough of him. The closest parallel is a guy like Bill Walton, injury-plagued career that went supernova (or in Yao's case, verygoodnova) for a few years. On the other hand, Walton's ceiling was much higher than Yao's. Whatever Underdog, give the guy a freakin' plaque.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote