Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 12:52 PM   #852
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
You guys win, though. I'm out & for good this time.

I honestly don't want to chat with a bunch of fans who'd rather have Rick Carlisle than DeAndre Ayton, Luka Doncic, or Jaren Jackson Jr. Who think Mark Cuban is a dumbass. Who'd rather have Devin Harris than Doug McDermott and a 2nd round pick. Who'd rather have the Mavs win a meaningless game that costs them draft position than risk hurting JJ Barea's feelings. And who above all don't bother to read what I wrote before they declare it stupid & wrong.

Write this down, though. The Mavs will not finish with a top 5 draft pick; unless they get very lucky with the lottery drawing. Rick Carlisle is going to coach them right into a draft pick in the 6 thru 9 range & right out of selecting an impact player. The ramifications of missing out on a top 5 draft pick in one of the most top heavy drafts in recent history, will be exactly like the teams in 2003 who missed out on a top 5 draft pick. Chicago was one of those teams. They sucked for the next 5 years, until 2008 when they drafted #1 overall. Seattle was another one of those teams. They sucked for the next 4 years until they had the #2 overall pick in 2007. The Clippers drafted 6th, missed out on Wade by one spot. They sucked until 2009 when they drafted Blake #1 & he missed his first year with injury. That's 7 years of sucking. Which Milwaukee did them one better, then sucked for a decade until they hit on a miracle in 2013.

Get ready for a bumpy ride when the Mavs miss out on the generational talent at the top of this draft. Every year the Mavs miss the playoffs from here on out, think of your ol buddy Magnum & think about how incredibly assine & stupid these meaningless wins vs SAC, LAL, IND, MEM, NYK, etc were & how incredibly pointless Carlisle's pissing match was with Cuban. Hell, he might get tired of all the upcoming losing & resign.
Memphis is for sure tanking. Having a top 3 pick will go a LONG way to appeasing Gasol and Conley(even though they may trade both anyway. if they even can, in Conley's case).

I think RC is a great, but flawed coach. Whoever we draft will likely be here longer than he is, so I see your argument for player over coach. Cant see RC here for more than a few more years. Dirk is retiring after next season. His daughter will be off to college in a few years. He'll either get a plum job coaching a championship contender or a plum job with ESPN. Unless we land a generational player in this draft to go along with DSJ.

Mark Cuban is a dumbass.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote