View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 01:45 AM   #18
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road
Default RE:George Karl says Rasheed Wallace a Mav?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Tony tha Mavs fan
Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
Quote:
I just checked it out on Realgm, the only way a trade could happen is if the Blazers wanted Jammison & Najera or Bradley or somesuch. Any walker for Sheed deal would have to wait until December 20th
Maybe this is why Karl made it sound like it was a "wait and see" kind of thing. Because they have to wait for that trade deadline and also wait and see how the Blazers fare. I doubt it will just be for Wlaker though. Otherwise why wouldn't Portland have just dealt with Ainge/Boston?

I bet it is somekind of package deal where the Blazers would get both twans and we would get maybe Sheed and Bonzi(or someone else) and maybe deal bonzi to somewhere else or soemthing.

I think Ainge wanted someone who he could keep around for a couple of years ( raef) . From what i hear, he likes big contracts as opposed to smaller ones, so he can keep a player more than just 1 or 2 years. With Rasheed's Contract up Next year, I don't know if Danny Ainge liked the prospect of Sheed leaving and them getting nothing out of trading Antoine Walker. I think if a trade were to be done it would be for Jamison...since nellie is already talkin up walker as the "Point Forward" he's always wanted.
Also I think Ainge is afraid of the "thug"