View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #8
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

UPDATE:

Problem!!!!

I'm a few days away from the closing date and I managed to look at the appraiser's report on the appraisal on the house. The appraiser measured the house to be 2650 sqr. ft. when the builder listed the house as 2720 sqr. ft. When I approached both the appraiser and builder about the discrepancy I was inform that the appraiser did his measurement based on the living space of the house, whereas the builder did his brick-to-brick of the house.

I feel so cheated! The builder refused to negotiate the price of the house and theatened that if I back out of the deal, I'll lose my $1000 good faith deposit.

Can a house's size be measured based on the measurer's preference? Is there a standardized law regarding how the square footage of a house is measured? I need help!
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote