View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 09:41 PM   #605
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting post on realgm:

Quote:
I'm not sure how often you check other boards, but I've been at the Orlando Summer League all week. As I've talked to people from the team, I've hit up the other forums and let people know what I've learned. Not all of it is earth shattering or maybe even newsworthy, but feels like it is worth sharing.

One note, if you have questions about anything I shared, please quote me or I won't be able to guarantee I see your question.

1. The team is pretty high on Justin Anderson. High enough that there was no thought of him playing Summer League in Orlando, just in Las Vegas. They think he has the potential to be a rotation guy this year as a backup wing.

2. Satnam Singh looks like he has no NBA future. He's massive. I mean ridiculously big even by NBA standards. But he's so slow. Each time he plays, the other team puts him in P&R and he fouls or they go right by him. The Mavs have hope, but not nearly as much as a year ago.

3. Don't be surprised to see Vander Blue go to camp and pre-season. They really like his game and ability. All the PGs on the roster probably hurt his chances of making the team, but they'd like him in their D-League system.

4. Everyone is beyond excited to have Harrison Barnes. They feel like he'll be a 20 PPG guy as more of a primary weapon. And look for a lot of Dallas' version of the "Death Lineup" with Nowitzki, Barnes, Matthews, Curry/Anderson and Williams. They are really excited for that grouping.

5. They think Bogut will be very good for them. They love his passing and feel like the entire likely starting group can pass.

6. Curry was a targeted signing and they considered giving him an Offer Sheet. Once Sacramento pulled his Qualifying Offer, they were all over him. They think he'll be a weapon for them and they intend to use him a lot.

7. I talked to them before the Evans trade was announced, but they said they like his athleticism a lot and feel like he deserves a spot at the end of someone's bench. On the flip side, they feel like he'll never be more than that because his game hasn't developed at all.

8. McGee will be gone before his guarantee date. The exact quote was "There is a reason everyone else gave up on this guy too. He's just never going to get it." And this one "He is a far superior athlete to Tyson Chandler and should be a borderline HoF talent, but he has the mindset of a child and doesn't seem to care. We told him he's lost on so much money and his response was 'But I made more than anyone ever needs.' The dude just doesn't care."

9. I knew Nowitzki was beloved, but the team said they hope he will be a huge part of the franchise after he retires. And they said they would have supported him going anywhere if he wanted to win another ring, but that he said the thought was never in his mind and he would rather retire than play anywhere else.

10. They feel like last year's team had some chemistry issues. Nothing huge, but just messy at times and it all stemmed from the DeAndre Jordan situation. They openly owned that situation screwed up all their plans for the summer and that everyone in the organization let it drag on way too far. It was a topic in the locker room until Christmas when Carlisle said the next guy to bring it up would never play for him again. That was the last time anyone talked about it in season.

11. Everyone feels re-charged this year. They think if the Spurs slip, they could win the division. Not just goal setting either. It is legit belief.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote