View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #65
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
please explain how the conflict in afganistan could possibly be characterized as "interventionist". apparently lew and ron see some reason why the us should not be involved there.

as for "free markets", well, we're reaping the results of markets that were left to determine their own limits.

like I said, the public has heard from ron, and the public says no. all this talk that the two candidates are the same is very hollow. only those on the very fringe could view them as the same.
Nation building is always interventionist. Ron Paul did vote to go into Afghanisthan to take out some of the people responsible for 9/11. In the word's of George W. Bush "I don't think our troops should be used for what's called nation-building".

Those markets you're talking about were manipulated by central bankers. Interest rates were no longer a result of supply (of savings) and demand.

I don't care about what the public says. But back in Decembre a study came out that said Ron Paul's name was mentioned 4700 times in the media, while John McCain's name was mentioned 95000 times. - And John McCain wasn't exactly the frontrunner back in Decembre...

Anyways it doesn't make much difference, because the majority opinion certainly isn't the most intelligent one.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote