Thread: iPhone
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 07:06 AM   #461
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I read Gizmodo's report...a pretty thorough one that dispels any notions that it's not a real Apple prototype...I was very skeptical.

The phone itself is uninteresting. A camera on the front? Big whoop.

What is interesting is that Engadget had the device, and then all of a sudden Gizmodo, their rival blog, had it. And how does it get out in the first place? Then change hands??

Is this some bizarre way for Apple to get some pub or something? I can't believe they would just let one of their phones go, and then when it got all over the internet they wouldn't somehow get the content removed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
exactly, Flaco. Like Apple wouldn't be hitting Gizmodo with every type of lawsuit imaginable if they didn't want that out there. They could claim gizmodo stole it, press charges, etc.

I will say that i actually like the new flat design.
supposedly some apple engineer got drunk and left it at a bar. then some dude found it and sold it to gizmodo for 10 large. Not sure where engadget fits into the mix there.

After the pics hit the web, apples lawyers requested the device back, which would at the very least tell me it's an apple prototype. Maybe not the newest iPhone that is coming out, but at least a prototype.

This website pretty much sums up the time line with everything that happened, along with copies of said reports/conversations etc.

http://www.edibleapple.com/

Last edited by MavsX; 04-20-2010 at 07:06 AM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote