View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 03:59 PM   #5311
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP_WRS7hU-k

A great clip from that Simmons podcast linked above. Simmons has Dirk #17 all-time. Incredibly high praise. I'm kind of surprised- very pleasantly- the Simmons ranks Dirk above Garnett, and that most media figures seem to these days. Their resumes are so similar, yet before 2011, almost everyone outside of Dallas strangely acted like Dirk couldn't carry Garnett's jock strap.

It just makes me so incredibly happy to see how pretty much everyone loves Dirk now, considering how criminally underrated and disrespected he was through most of his career.
I think the Garnett thing was just a property how much marketing he had behind him, and how much more he actively pursued having endorsements, signature shoes, etc. Also a much more forceful outward personality. All of those things at the time sort of artificially puffed him up in people’s eyes. Dirk didn’t do those things, so he didn’t get the bump until after it was all over and people looked at it more on the basketball side. Not a shot at KG because he was great and pursuing those things is totally fine- just different guys.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote