View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 10:01 PM   #5330
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Is that really a bad thing? I don't think Dirk ever had a proper rival, but I think Wade is probably the closest thing. They met in the finals twice, and there was real animosity between them for years. Their names are linked in NBA history forever. Seems appropriate to me that they would go in the HoF together.
i guess that's a good perspective...
the contrast between them makes Dirk stand out more in some sense.

Wade was a great player in his own right but also a whiny cheat crybaby fake tough little bitch. Be a man and do your thing instead of the showboating and fake coughing crap.

That 20 seconds or so at the end of Game 2 is what I like to remember about Wade - Dirk taking it in for the winning bucket and then Wade throwing up a prayer with Dirk defending and Wade flopping to try to get a call. Symbolic how he's lying on the ground as Dirk walks away with his fist up in the air.
Scoobay is online now   Reply With Quote