View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #96
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
When you say that it's only human to dislike somebody who is better at your game than you, you're implying that the lack of respect is driven by blacks.
In the same post (the next sentence actually) I say any resentment of Dirk could be because of his heritage, because he is a Maverick, etc...so I was not so exclusive in my claim as you have made me out to be...this is the second time in a row I've either been taken out of context or misinterpreted. My main point has been that Dirk has often been unfairly judged and that there is an unusual bias against him...and that whatever the reason is...there is one.

But, to your question, I do believe that there are idiots who dislike Dirk because (and this has all been said by now) he is a goofy white foreign dork. I do think, that among others, one reason that Dirk may be disliked by some is petty jealousy. Are you denying this possibility, offended that I suggest this may be the case for some in the media, or just trying to find out what I think on the matter?

Quote:
Do I think most media members would consider him a top 5 player? Probably not right now but they would have before the Golden State series. His reputation took a hit after that series and it should have.
and I tell you that they had no choice to have that opinion and still be considered legit basketball minds...he had just led a team to 67 wins. Like I said before, its not that anyone says Dirk is a bad player (that is ridiculous and patently unarguable), its more that some seem to enjoy taking shots when shots are even potentially reasonable.

let me be very clear in this question as well: do you dirno believe that there is any national anti-dirk bias?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote