Thread: iPhone
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 08:56 AM   #104
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
thanks nike. Also one thing i forgot to mention. Did you get the monthly phone insurance? I believe it is $4.99 a month? Seems like a pretty good thing to have, in case your iPhone gets crushed. I guess it depends on what the insurance covers.
I had the insurance with Sprint for my Palm Treo and I should not have gotten it. It was such a hassle to get things fixed and I believe they make you tack on an additional contract to get your phone replaced (if it was broken or stolen).

However..Apple has warranty on the iPhone for 1 Year and you can purchase an additional year for I believe $79 (You can purchase "Applecare" anytime within the first calendar year - for my Macbook Pro I waited til 11 months and 25 days). Apple's customer service imo...is probably one of the best out there. I did NOT get Applecare because I figure in about 1 year - 1.5 years an updated iPhone will be out by then (since most apple products = 15 months for new products) I will just invest that $79 in a new iPhone if it craps out on me. And then probably sell it on eBay as "slightly used." lol.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/