View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 02:44 AM   #103
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I think they could have sold high on Brunson this deadline and got back a better player but they over value their top rotation guys or fall in love with them so they keep them for locker room cohesion

Some fans think the Mavs don't have tradable pieces with value but I'm pretty sure if they weren't so in love with Brunson, THJ or Richardson they could have got a player who is a legit starter.

I do understand wanting to have continuity but some of these guys have been in the league 3 years or more and you already know who and what they are.....

If you think those guys have another level they can get to then by all means stick with it.

But who on here really believes beyond Luka and KP those other guys have another level to go at their ages or time in the league?

As bad as this might sound Blake Griffin in his current state is probably still a better player than some of the top rotation players we are counting on and that's saying a lot because he was supposed to be done before this magical resurgence in Brooklyn all of sudden

LOL
Agree....we have Luka, KP and about 6 or 7 borderline starters that are at their ceilings.

I thought the Mavs missed out on an opportunity this TDL to package several of them and other assets to get a third legit starter. I’m sure they tried but the perception seemed to be that they love the current situation and their chances and would only part with some of the borderline starters if a star caliber like Beal would become available.

Honestly I thought Gordon and Powell were realistic and good fits for us but it didn’t appear the Mavs aggressively pursued either of them and unfortunately lost out to teams just ahead of them in the PO race.

Last edited by rimrocker; 03-27-2021 at 02:45 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote