View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 09:51 AM   #105
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'm fine with resting Luka on b2b games. I honestly don't care about the seeding or if we end up in a play in situation. If you can't beat the 7/8th seed or the 9/10 seed then you weren't going anywhere in the playoffs anyway. Our playoff success will almost entirely depend on health, kp, and jrich IMO. We know what Luka will give us. It's the others that need to be more consistent. B2B's just aren't worth the risk IMO in most situations.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6107769/
This was from 2018, and IMO is why we see plenty of teams resting players in b2b situations. Especially a player like Luka who takes a fair amount of punishment driving to the rim on a nightly basis and is relied upon more than 99% of the rest of the players in the league to carry his team when he is on the floor. And after his game the other night if he even mentions the words stiff or sore... then it's the right move to sit him this game.
I hate this line of thinking. These play in games are incredibly short sample size. Play by play guy Mark Followill was questioning the Mavs strategy of giving away games and what it meant to seeding.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote