View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 03:52 PM   #112
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
from mavsmoneyball
The Pacers got contributions up and down the rotation. Six players scored in double digits and were led by Malcom Brogdon and Domantas Sabonis’ matching 22-point nights. Porzingis showed real effort and earned his first career first-half double double with 15 points and 13 rebounds. He ended with 31 and 18 and had a solid defensive game particularly as the Mavs were giving it one last go in the fourth.

My take
Donnie likes the top of the Mavs rotation but is it really better than the Pacers?

Now keep in mind there was even a report that the Pacers were considering trading some of their best players but the Mavs flat out stated they wouldn't trade any of their rotation players unless it was for a star player coming back.

How could Indiana be willing to ship out guys like Brogdon, Turner or Sabonis yet the Mavs are so in love with guys like Richardson, THJ and Brunson that only a True Super Star coming back would prompt them to even consider a deal.

Obviously it's irrelevant now with the deadline past but the logic just seems baffling to me that they would value their role players more than Indiana values their top players.
From thesmokincuban
https://thesmokingcuban.com/2021/03/...rade-deadline/
Quote:
A key reason the Mavs only made one move at the trade deadline is they think this team, when healthy, is a top-four team in the Western Conference. Yes, they sit seventh in the West after 41 games, but Dallas has only had their preferred starting five healthy for 15 games this season. The Mavs have 11 wins in that stretch and an offensive rating of 123.6. That rating would destroy the NBA record the team set last season at 115.9.

It does not stop there, though. The Mavericks have a 6.7 net rating over those 15 games, which would rank third in the NBA behind only the Jazz and Bucks if they produced it over the entire season.
Dallas was hit hard by COVID with five players missing extended time. They have also dealt with injuries and needed time to mesh together as a team. Dismiss the 15 game sample as small if you wish, but the Mavs are playing outstanding basketball right now
It is what it is agree or disagree(I have no idea the strength of opponents those 15 are) with where they stand in that small sample size but if that's how they feel I understand it, especially considering our limited assets.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote