View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 04:28 PM   #113
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
From thesmokincuban
https://thesmokingcuban.com/2021/03/...rade-deadline/

It is what it is agree or disagree(I have no idea the strength of opponents those 15 are) with where they stand in that small sample size but if that's how they feel I understand it, especially considering our limited assets.
If this team was a top 4 team out west they would be higher regardless of the covid excuse.

Portland has played a longer stretch of games without full arsenal (McCullum, Collins & Nurkic) and still managed to have a better record then the Mavs all year. Just added Norman Powell better than any player on our roster not named Luka or KP

We got demolished by Utah twice does anyone really think the Mavs defensively can hold vs Utah?

Denver before the trade deadline I thought the Mavs were equal to if not slightly better. After the deadline deals no way I think the Mavs are better than them especially since Gordon if you go back watch that Orlando game was one of the few guys who could control Luka without much help.

LA Lakers when fully healthy is better than Dallas unless someone wants to present a valid argument. Heck they might even be adding Drummond so that just moves them further ahead of Dallas.

LA Clippers are really good on paper and they pose some matchup problems vs Dallas in their bigger stronger wing players. But the Mavs seem to play with confidence vs them so that could be a tossup.

Phoenix lacked experience before adding Paul and Crowder. They always seem to out play Dallas in the clutch because of Paul or Booker making plays. So who wants to debate if Dallas is better than Phoenix?

I mean if Donnie really feels that way this team is a top 4 west team over the course of a full season without covid interruption by all means he has that right to feel confident.

Cuban also said the Mavs will be their at the end competing as a contender.

So the front office has great confident as they should.

But we've all watched the Mavs this year at full strength and I think we've all seen they get destroyed on the glass by bigger teams or more physical teams. They struggle to get consistent stops and they usually come out flat in a lot of games.

They don't have a secondary ball handler or someone who can create their own shot.

I'd love for them to be a top 4 but I just see too many flaws on this team especially if they aren't hitting shots to take them serious as legit top 4 team.

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-27-2021 at 04:31 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote