View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 01:30 AM   #8
FreakNasty

FreakNasty will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. Don't worry IN THE LEAST about your driving record. That's a check with DPS. You could be a felon, and DPS wouldn't know about it. (Well, unless it was felony DWI, I guess.)

You're safe. They won't turn up the Class C misdemeanor on your criminal background check (any more than they would speeding tickets, which are also Class C misdemeanors), nor will they find that charge on your driving record. I think you can rest comfortably.

Now, you DO need to see what you can do to get that assault charge off your record. Asit stands right now, I'm sure it is a conviction by default because you never showed up for court. But the chances are that if you go to the judge and tell your story, you will get a new court date (when you can arrange deferred adjudication or some other favorable remedy). If not, it's still probably not that big a deal. But if I were you, I would at least try to fight the charge. It may be too late now, but you can still try. You would be surprised what lenience the courts will grant.
Yeah, I know for a fact that it doesnt turn up on my criminal background. I was just worried about if they pull up my driving record, its going to tell them i have a warrant.
FreakNasty is offline   Reply With Quote