View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 08:18 PM   #580
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Official Game 6 thread: Dallas @ Houston

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thespiralgoeson
Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg

The way the Mavs are playing offense these days is readily defendable.
Exactly! The Rockets haven't been playing better defense. The Mavs have simply been playing crappier offense.
LOL.

How about some specifics? What AREN'T the Mavs doing in this series that they WERE doing in the offseason that allowed them to average 102.5 ppg (3rd in the league)? What has them down to 97.7 in this series?

If your contention is going to be that the Rockets defense, which surrendered an average of 91.03 ppg (3rd best in the league) and allowed 42.3% FG (2nd to Chicago's 42.2%), is not having anything to do with the Maverick's offensive production, then it would be interesting to hear some analysis.

I'll say this--TMac is clearly a tough defensive matchup for Dirk. He's a pretty good defender, bigger than most permieter defenders, and quicker than Dirk. Also, given that he's a good leaper and a quick leaper with long arms, he can get up and bother Dirk's jumper. And when Dirk has been able to get by TMac, he's had trouble finishing over/around Yao and Dikembe.

I think the big issue is Dampier's inability to stay out of foul trouble combined with his propensity to pick up the extra bone-headed foul that's keeping him off the floor, removing an inside threat, and killing any of the offensive continuity/efficiency that they had developed over the last 20-25 games of the season.

But from what I've seen, Houston is also making it tough for them.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote