Thread: David Lee
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 01:25 PM   #119
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
Can anyone defend the decision to drop Jenkins instead of Charlie Villanueva by referencing their contributions instead of their ability to be allowed onto the court?
I can't really defend keeping Charlie over Jenkins. Jenkins at least has the ability to continue to improve and was on a cheap contract. Jenkins had the ball in his hands a lot in preseason and seemed to be improving in that regard.

I would say this is an example of off court chemistry, attitude and fit factoring somewhat. Maybe Jenkins doesn't work hard at his game or has a bad attitude? Charlie is very well liked and seems really happy to be here.
Of course Charlie can also fill the Dirk role and spread the floor when he is in. But he's been terrible this year for the most part, a couple of breakout games aside.

Important to remember we don't see these guys at practice or in film sessions or interacting as part of a team. So while its not the choice I or many here would've made we don't have the complete picture
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote