View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #163
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

I wonder if due to Atlanta's abysmal playoff performance, if we can get Joe Johnson for maybe just Dampier in a S&T from Atlanta. The market for him is still going to be great, but all of a sudden he does not look like he is going to command a maximum contract ( though teams will overpay for him anyway).

I guess I bring this hope up because, what if there is a chance we can get Joe Johnson ... AND another top player using Caron butler's contract! Like, if Philly is ready to blow it up, a really good trade for them to look at is Iguodala for Butler straight up. Cuban can give them cash considerations as well. I think if Philly wants to move Iguodala, Butler alone is the best combination of expiring money and talent, and they can just slate him right into the spot Iguodala had.

We are picking up Barea's option (didn't know he had this before, though he'd be a free agent for sure), so hopefully we can use him in a trade as well since he is expiring.

I don't know what other assets we have besides Roddy (who we don't want to give away) ... so I would be willing to give some draft picks.

We can always of course take back salary (which I am sure Cuban will really want to do ...).

Are there also sign and trade possibilities using the MLE? Like, can't we sign and trade a player a team like Atlanta would want using our MLE, and trade that player and Damp for Johnson + something Atlanta wants to get rid of, and then Atlanta still has their own exception to sign another decent caliber player. Atlanta trades dead weight for talent without adding to their payroll, and then can still get another good free agent if they would like. Also considering they may be able to get Josh Childress back from Europe (and now low-ball him), Atlanta could be in pretty good shape if they deal with us.

Kidd/Roddy
JJ/Roddy/Terry
Iggy/Marion
Dirk/Marion/?
Haywood/?
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote