View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute
Default PGT: Suns tank better than we do

The first half was pretty wild, but after we cut down on TOs the Suns showed why they own the second worst record in the West.

As I said yesterday the upside of Dirk and Kamans absence is that we're seeing extended play of Wright and Sarge. Sarge led the team in rebounding percentage yesterday and came in second behind Wright today, recorded his second great game in a row. Wright also came back after that horrible 4th yesterday and finished this on better.

Mayo only 1-for-5 in the 4th (Mike James 0-for-2, Brand 0-for-1), but rest of the team came up for it, 11-for-16.

In my eyes Collison continues to settle in and improve, had a great 4th and overall was our best player. Speaking of PGs: I'm in complete disbelief that Mike James got the backup minutes today, especially since Roddy played really well yesterday. It's not major, but so obviously wrong that, barring any injury, I simply don't get it.

James continues to be a complete disaster. Every metric ranks him as the worst Mavericks player this season (outside Curry, who played only 25 minutes) and when you watch him play you get why. His shooting is one thing, but he even makes more 'rookie' mistakes than Roddy (two silly fouls in the bonus + TOs today). He somehow manages to put together nice +/- stats, but since he is contributing crap it's not really meaningful in my eyes. Today he played with Carter, Wright and Sarge most of the time, who all had great games and dragged him to that +/-.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote