View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 12:07 PM   #1276
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
OK, I've got a question if we can all agree that we "dodged another bullet". We dodged the original DWill bullet in giving him max money, then we dodged a bullet in not getting DH who still has not been healthy or willing to be serious long enough to win in the post season, and lastly we just dodged the DJ-immaturity bullet. Given those that we dodged and also the ones that actually hit us (Rondo, Odom, etc.), what is it really going to take find That Guy? Does That Guy exist anymore outside of Lebron and Anthony Davis? I'm just not seeing player now that are true franchise players like we have historically. Am I missing something?

Yeah, that was more than question.
When you perpetually draft in the 18-28 range, have no valuable trade assets, and no young stars or superstars, you're only going to be able to pick up other teams' scraps or damaged (mentally or physically) goods. No young healthy star in his right mind would come to this situation unless he is forced via trade or drafted. And no GM with half a brain would trade away a young healthy star that has his shit together upstairs.

Until we lock down a star PG or Center I don't see anyone of any significance coming here in free agency.

Last edited by rimrocker; 07-17-2015 at 12:09 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote