View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 01:00 AM   #21
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I'm not trying to be snippy here, and I'm also not trying necessarily to say anything about Dirk in specific, but honestly, did Dirk do anything more in taking his team to the WCF than TMac did in losing that first round series last year?

My goodness, the man was unbelievable in that series. When you consider what he did on offense in light of the work he was doing on defense...well, I just don't know if I have ever seen such an impressive single series from a player. TMac amazed me last year.

He's never been on a team anywhere near as good as Dirk's '03 team. It's probably a pretty safe bet that if Dirk and TMac had switched teams last year, TMac would have been the one advancing. Doncha think?
Yes, TMac did have an amazing series. Fact is though, when your team is up 2-0 and you can't finish out the series, something is wrong. Dirk was really sick and couldn't hit a thing or do much on the court during that series. A 'winner' knows how to finish that series off. A winner can get his team motivated and light a fire under players asses. If you are considered a top 5 player, MVP candidate, you're having an amazing series stat-wise, you sure as hell better be able to finish off a team when you are up 2-0 and their best player is slumping. Simple as that. The Rockets made it in as the 5th seed and fell apart after game 2 and I blame much of that on TMac, regardless on how well he played statistically. Wasn't TMac up 3-0 in a series once and lost it as well? The guy is a loser no matter how you look at it. He has to pull his team through when their season is on the line and the guy just can't do it. You can say 'one man can't win a series, a team has to' all you want, but Yao had an awesome series. We had no answer for him. That team has two all stars, we have one...and he was slumping/sick. There's flat out no excuse for TMac to lose that series. If that doesn't mean he's a loser, then what qualifies a player as a loser?
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote