View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #90
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
I've decided to read the Dark Tower series this summer. The first book is kinda rough - King all but admits in the intro that its not very good and says the series picks up in the third installment. I hope he's right.
I enjoyed the first one; the second one was a stretch, but I still ripped through it in one (12-hour plus) sitting (working the overnight shift at a homeless shelter, there's not much to do). Third one, I barely finished, it was so bad. In spite of that, I read the fourth one, as it was mostly backstory--which I was more interested in anyway. Started #5, never got more than a quarter of the way in and just stopped caring altogether.

I hear the series ends with a whimper...though given the earlier Eliot references (The Waste Lands as book #3, for one obvious example), maybe that's what King intended.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote