View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #117
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
I just started Gibson's Neuromancer, Castaneda's The Art of Dreaming, and Greer's The Art and Practice of Geomancy.

Neuromancer is great so far, I have barely taken a bite out of The Art of Dreaming (I will read a bit more today), and The Art and Practice of Geomancy is surprisingly approachable for the subject matter covered.
The Matrix soooo ripped-off (paid homage to?) Neuromancer for its source material.

The character, Trinity, is almost a carbon-copy of Molly, not to mention that the virtual reality version of the internet in the story is called 'the matrix'...

If you like Neuromancer go ahead and read Count Zero (not quite as good) and Mona Lisa Overdrive (my favorite of the series) - you won't be disappointed...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-06-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote