View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 11:09 AM   #72
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

just my two cents....

ok, so every now and then mobsters are rigging games. obviously, I'd prefer this sort of thing didn't happen, but i'm not staining my underroos over the ordeal. I think it's quite possible to adequately police this sort of thing so that these are isolated incidents and not systemic problems.

So, fry Donaghy and ethnically profile Salvatore and then we can all just enjoy the upcoming season.

....as for the broader question of whether the League Office tries to sway things.....So what if it does?

Attempting to sway the outcome of a game and determining the outcome of a game are two very different things.

Pardon my Uncle Rico moment here, but back in the day we knew that when we went to play in some s-hole backwoods gym that we were going to get screwed. We knew that the games weren't gonna be fair, but we laced 'em up anyway and we often prevailed despite the calls.

life ain't always fair, deal with it.

of course....sometimes it was our team's relative referees in our s-hole backwoods gym screwing our opponents.

like I said, life ain't always fair.

funny how you never read anyone saying, "see, I knew we were the beneficiaries of a grand conspiracy in that game 4 win over the Spurs!" But the thing is....for every team getting screwed out of a game by the refs, there's another team get screwed into the game.

I guess what I'm saying is this -- I don't care if game 3 of the heat series was rigged for precisely the same reason I don't care whether game 4 of the spurs series was rigged. at the end of the day Dirk knocked down a couple of free throws in game 4 v. the Spurs and he blew two free throws against the heat.

life ain't fair, but the ball don't lie.

or doesn't lie, for the grammatically correct.

Last edited by alexamenos; 07-23-2007 at 11:11 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote