View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #31
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Wow. So any team with Dirk on it is susceptible to a GS collapse? Are you a Spurs troll in disguise or something?

As for the rest... the argument was that teams could take our centers out of the game entirely by going small. This argument doesn't appear to hold much water because

1) The opposing team would have to be good enough at small ball to force our centers out of the game. I can't think of anyone who can do that.
2) We have since proven that we can be a very good small ball team.
3) If it was really that simple to force big men out of the game, why hasn't anyone tried it against the Lakers?
I wouldn't call it a collapse as GS had our number all season. And the way to stop small ball is to have a post player. We don't have one. Utah did it with Boozer along with Okur being more active on the perimeter than our centers. As for your points.
1. I just said this if you paid attention.
2. Oh yeah beating some of the worst teams (Chicago without Noah) in the league really proved we can have success in the playoffs with that lineup.
3. Lakers bigs are more active similar to Utah. Especially when Odom is in the game. And Gasol and/or Bynum is their low post player.
Dirk is a great player but his inability to back his way to the basket like a low post player makes us vulnerable if a small ball lineup appeared.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote