View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #32
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
I wouldn't call it a collapse as GS had our number all season. And the way to stop small ball is to have a post player. We don't have one. Utah did it with Boozer along with Okur being more active on the perimeter than our centers. As for your points.
1. I just said this if you paid attention.
2. Oh yeah beating some of the worst teams (Chicago without Noah) in the league really proved we can have success in the playoffs with that lineup.
3. Lakers bigs are more active similar to Utah. Especially when Odom is in the game. And Gasol and/or Bynum is their low post player.
Dirk is a great player but his inability to back his way to the basket like a low post player makes us vulnerable if a small ball lineup appeared.
Here we go, round and round.

1) GS is #14 in the West? Again, I don't see a team that would do this.
2) If you want to throw in Noah, throw in Damp/Haywood and we kill 'em while playing big.
3) Dirk has some serious post moves. Troll.

Who is going to FORCE playing small ball on us? The first time we played it, it was our own idea as a gimmick in Atlanta and it worked. Now we're doing out of necessity due to injuries. I can't think of any playoff team that's just going to rip their own centers out of the game, force our centers out because of it, then beat us to death with midget ball anyway.

Oh wait, we have Dirk. Ah crap, then I guess it's GS all over again.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 03-10-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote