View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 08:40 AM   #10
jay3189
Banned

jay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nicejay3189 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
That's a good point. You could definitely make a case for Parker or Carmelo over some of the guys on Jay's list. That being said though, I think his list is spot on. Mine is identical to his. Thinking about this brings me couple of random thoughts-

1- Shaq at his peak eats Duncan for breakfast. Seriously, I don't think they're even close. I think only argument for Duncan being a better player is that he has greater longevity, and better work ethic.

2- Damn, I really, really, really miss Iverson. He was one of the players that reignited my passion for the NBA after I stopped caring in the mid-late 90's. I know how polarizing he is, and I know all the clichés people throw out to knock him- selfish, ballhog, thug, volume shooter, never won a championship etc... I won't deny that some of that reputation is fair, but I always thought it was WAY overblown. And it doesn't change the fact that he was just flat-out incredible. Hate him all you want, but he deserved every career accolade he got and every bit of his status as an icon.
Tony Parker and Carmelo Anthony played damn good in the 2000's era. But I will love to know who you would take off my list to put Parker and Melo on it, all the 12 players I listed had overall better careers and more All Star appearances than those 2. And based on my requirements, Melo would not be eligible, since he only made 3 All Stars in 2006-2007,2007-2008, and 2009-2010 seasons.

Last edited by jay3189; 08-09-2014 at 08:41 AM.
jay3189 is offline   Reply With Quote