Thread: Golf Help
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 11:46 PM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE:Golf Help

I highly recommend meeting someone at a Golfsmith shop or similar store and letting them talk to you. It's tough to size and recommend clubs without seeing your physical stature and talking to you. For instance, I use a stiffer shafted club because my swing speed and strentgth are too much for traditional graphite shafts. When I use the regular graphite shafts, I often swing through the ball and it produces a nice slice. The best thing to do is speak to a golf shop. You are under no obligation to buy and they (if reputable) will assist you. Also, the pro shops at your local courses should be able to help you.

Another issue is price. Not knowing your budget, I will assume that you are looking for decent clubs. I recommend callaway big bertha irons or a similar cavity backed club. This type of club is good for beginners and experts alike because of the balance and Callaway has the S2H2 (short shaft hollow hosel) technology which improves the club in my opinion.

Honestly though...if just starting out, I'd borrow some clubs and take a class at your local junior college. The course should be inexpensive and you will learn the basics for a lower price outlay. Either way you go, consult a pro shop and let them show you what is available. Just don't buy the first day or two that you are looking.

Any other specifics questions?
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote