View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 09:58 AM   #2
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all
Default RE:Continuing the discussion in the Windmill Sigs thread.

Quote:
what's a non-bcs player
Quote:
was ladanian considered one?
Quote:
cause I mean, look how he's doing now =)

LT is a perfect example. his college career is almost a mirror image of deangelo's.

found this snipet on detnews.com

" Texas Christian's LaDainian Tomlinson, who finished fourth in the voting and had 2,158 yards to lead the nation in rushing for the second consecutive season, on whether he would have walked off with the Heisman if he had run for Florida State: "No doubt about it. I think it's very hard ... to win the Heisman coming from TCU. Nobody wants to hear it. But that's the way it is." "

now see where LT is? is there any doubt he was a better player than weinke or heupel or even brees? but they played for bcs schools, he didn't.

if you check out espn's heisman watch (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index) you'll see deangelo, leading the nation in rushing, is 8th. seriously, maurice drew?? every other player on the list plays at a bcs school. almost 7 yds per carry, 12 tds, and plays on a team with no other offensive threats, including starting their 4th qb of the season. this after being 2nd in the country in rushing last year and leading all non-kickers in scoring. and again, i know u of memphis' SOS isn't great, but neither was LT's and look at what kind of player he ended up being.

like i've said, i know he won't win it, but he deserves to be in ny. then he'll get picked in the top 10 of the draft and hopefully end up doing something close to what LT has done.