View Single Post
Old 07-03-2003, 05:32 PM   #16
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold
Default Stars Offseason Moves Thread

Army was on BaD Radio today & basically nixed the Federov to the Stars idea. Which I think is the right move since Federov is demanding around $10mil & we really don't need forwards. Interesting: Army said that the Stars actually offered Hatch a 5-yr deal last summer that is worth MORE than what he signed for w/Detroit.

He said the only FA move in the horizon is to get a 7th defenseman. He also confirmed that Mike Modano will be the new captain. This page has good summaries on the latest.

My thoughts: I'm disappointed as hell. I think it sucks he's gone & it really sucks that it's to the Wings. However, like they were saying on the Ticket today, if the choice is to sign Hatch to a long-term deal now or to sign Modano to a long-term deal next year, gimme Mo anyday. I see losing Hatch as a direct result of the moronic, knee-jerk reaction move of giving Turgeon a long-term deal WITH A NO TRADE CLAUSE. Listen, Hicks, cool it with the NTCs, mmkay?

Colorado made a smart move w/Kariya & Selanne today. Even if it's just one-yr deals, they look very good for next yr now. Detroit is trying to unload one of their $8-mil goalies, but they also look nice. You know who doesn't look nice? Anaheim. They screwed themselves over. Can you say "this year's Carolina"?

It will be sickening seeing Hatch in red but now that there's nothing more we can do, it's time to get over it & move the hell on. Sign Turco, Kapanen, etc, plan on inserting Erskine in & add a veteran 7th D. Rumor is that they might still make Dahlen an offer (less than the $1.5mil that he made last yr), in which case he may be back b/c he has said he doesn't want to play anywhere else. This would be a GREAT move.

Losing Hatcher sucks majorly but the Stars still have a very good team. I hate it that that incompetent selfish cretin idiot Turgeon is sucking up all the cash but it was Hicks & Army's own stupid fault for giving him a NTC. Maybe he'll turn it around (I doubt it) but we're stuck with him. Army's said we are definitely keeping Stu Barnes (YES!!!), so we will have three excellent forward lines & some very promising prospects (they've signed the Swedish kid Tjarnqvist). We also have 4 very good D, plus Matvichuk, who used to be good, & Erskine, who has a lot of potential. It doesn't suck to be us, I guess.