View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 01:31 AM   #2142
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmalaki View Post
You have him at 14, based on what? I don't see how he gets ranked above these guys:

Jordan
Magic
Bird
Russell
Wilt
Kareem
Dream
Shaq
Duncan
Kobe

That's 10 guys, and all of them led their team to more than 1 title as the primary option. They are all better than Dirk defensively (well Magic isn't much better) and Dirk isn't really better than any of them offensively besides Russell. They all have at least one MVP and Dirk really doesn't have better numbers than any of them. I don't see how Dirk ever leaps any of these guys.

Moses Malone

He led his team to one title as well and is also better than Dirk on both sides of the ball. More MVP's as well (3), and better numbers. That's 11. I don't see how Dirk ever leaps him.

David Robinson
Oscar Robertson
Dr J

These guys all have 1 title (at least), won as a secondary option. All 3 are better on both sides of the ball than Dirk, have at least 1 MVP and have better numbers. That's 14 guys.

I haven't even mentioned Karl Malone, Baylor, West, etc.

I just don't see how Dirk goes down as a top 15 player.

First of all, I have all those guys except for D-Rob & Dr. J over Dirk.

But Dirk is better offensively than Duncan, Hakeem (statistically), Kobe (statistically) Dr. J, and D-Rob. I mention Hakeem & Kobe statistically, because the counter can be argued. However, Dirk is solidly better offensively than Ducan, Dr. J & D-Rob.

The fact that he has been a complete beast in the playoffs his whole life gives him the edge over D-Rob (who never really elevated his game) and Dr. J. Of course one could argue those two over Dirk...NOW. But it's debatable. How you seem to think he could never pass either (if you deem him behind now) is straight laughable.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote