View Single Post
Old 12-24-2003, 01:06 PM   #16
V
Golden Member

V has a spectacular aura aboutV has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Rasheed Wallace

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
I chose the third, but I would add "only if he has matured". The only thing preventing Wallace from being the best at his position is his mind-set and attitude on the court. I dont' mean his surly toughness, but rather his penchant to self-destruct and cost his team at the worst time possible. I have watched this Portland team intermittantly this year, and I've actually seen an improvement in Wallace.

Normally, I would choose the first one, but like I said I've seen an ever so-slight change in Wallace this year. I think getting Wallace's rebounding, help-side defensive-ability and low-post scoring will give Dallas the inside-outside game that could put them over the top.
Good objective post Rex... most people on this board think that I want Wallace in Dallas... but that's not necessarily true. I'm sort of the neutral on Wallace while most posters are clearly polarized...

On Wallace it's Cancer versus The Answer...

Bringing Wallace to Dallas is a HUGE gamble... but if he comes to play the upside is greater than just about any other option we have... including, btw, any of the other top-tier players that have been discussed on this forum - TMac, Big Z, Bryant, Kidd/Martin, etc.

I've watched a lot of the Blazers & I think - at times - Wallace has shown something this year. But I've also seen some negatives. For example... He is playing out of position this year at the SF.... and although I've seen strong defensive effort... and an uncanny ability to funnel players to difficult spots ... he needs weakside help against smaller, quicker players. And when it's not there I've him shake his head at the mistakes of his teammates rather than play though it. I've also seen him drift... refusing to post up. And I've seen him run the pick & roll... and refuse to roll.

So what's the upshot? You just don't know what you're going to get.

"If there's no more questions, I've got a beer that needs consuming."
-- Don Nelson
V is offline   Reply With Quote