View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 09:11 PM   #727
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExRocketNewMav View Post
I think I would be hard pressed to find on Clutchfans more than a handful of people who don't think/know deep down this was not a Morey move.

This was a 100% Tilman Fertitta move - he did not want to pay Chris Paul's monstrous contract. And Westbrook was a flashy and shiny object that attracts the attention span of idiots like Tilman.

This coincidentally was also the moment when I realised I can't defend Harden anymore from some of the hate he gets and I just had to learn to accept the fact that whilst he is a phenomenal and generational talent, he doesn't have that undying and ever burning desire to win at all costs. Since ultimately Tilman floated the idea to Harden about the CP3/Westbrook framework and Harden green lit the decision.

Westbrook is historically bad with regards to his distance shooting... I still to this day cannot fathom why we brought him to the team which sets records year after year for the amount of distance shooting they do.

I was a big Chris Paul fan well before he joined the Rockets. Knowing that the Warriors were not going to be in our way this past season, I was praying we'd give CP3 and Harden one more chance.

I know Chris Paul isn't a favourite (apologies for my Australian spelling) teammate of many in the league, but Harden not being able to make it work was a big red flag to the idea that he wants to win a Championship.

I'm blabbering here so in closing - this was 100% not a Morey move - and this has played a part in his departure regardless of what is said in the media (I am so, SO glad he left on his own terms and didn't wait until the day in the near future Tilman forced him out)

The Westbrook trade was, is and forever will be on the shoulders of Tilman Fertitta and James Harden. And it is a move which has not only destroyed the Rockets team in the short term, but has also torpedoed the franchise for at least the next decade AT BEST.
Thanks. This is pretty much what I figured, but it's nice to get it from someone who follows that team more religiously.

Westbrook could've worked if they let him play on the ball, but the whole world knew that wasn't happening, and why bring in a player who is only good on the ball when he's not better on the ball than the guy you have? I just don't get it.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote