View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest argument against Boise (I'm not saying I agree) is this: they wouldn't be in national championship contention if they played in a major conference, because they lack the depth to compete for 8-9 weeks against major-conference teams and would end up losing a handful of games, simply by virtue of injury, fatigue, etc. Right now, if they have some guys who are nicked up or whatever in Week 7, they can put in subs who aren't that great because the opponent isn't that great either. But you can't do that against an Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Texas, OU, or whoever. And those injuries or fatigue are inevitable over the course of a long season. Meanwhile, the teams I listed are stacked with NFL talent up and down their roster and are better equipped to make it through a long season despite those issues.

All that said, Boise is legitimately good and could beat anybody in a given game. I'd like to see them get a chance if they go undefeated.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 09-07-2010 at 02:05 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote