View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #9
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
I know that's the argument, but I have to wonder how they know that Boise couldn't compete in a major conference. It's one thing to use strength of schedule or conference in comparing 1-loss or 2-loss teams. To be undefeated, IMO, is to be undefeated. They don't magically lose the virtue of perfection when being compared to teams that have proven they can lose games (which didn't happen last year, but happened to Auburn in '04ish when they had Campbell, Brown, and Williams and Boise in '06).
I'm not sure what you mean by wondering how they "know." Of course they don't know--it's obviously hypothetical and speculative when someone says that Boise could or couldn't do X in a different conference. I doubt anyone has ever claimed they knew what would happen in an absolute sense.

And I just explained the argument against the idea that undefeated is undefeated. You may not agree, but that's the argument, and even though I think Boise is legit and could beat anyone, it's certainly a strong argument. I'm not so sure they'd be undefeated--or even a 1 or 2 loss team--if they had their non-NFL depth tested weekly in the SEC.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 09-07-2010 at 06:46 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote