Thread: JJ Reddick
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 10:31 PM   #91
Carolina Blue

Carolina Blue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry but I don't think being shut down defensively has anything to do with being clutch.
Who shut him down? Wes Miller??? Are you kidding me???

Did you watch the game? JJ was getting his usually 2-3 screens and taking wide open shots. He just choked like usual. It's nothing new if you've actually followed his 4 years. I don't even think Duke fans were all that surprised.

And besides, clutch players don't get shut down. They always make "they play." That's why they're clutch. That's what differentates a guy like Robert Horry from KVH. KVH hit a couple of big-time buzzer beaters back in college but would you really consider him clutch now?

Quote:
When you're being double-teamed all game making shots can be pretty tough.
MJ didn't seem to have a problem with it. Neither did Reggie Miller or Bird or Magic...I'm fairly certain they were double-teamed at certain points and for some reason that never stopped them from making "clutch" plays.

Quote:
I think we can also relate to that with Dirk in last year's playoffs and against our last game vs. San Antonio. Does the fact that he had a bad game or a bad shooting stretch make him any less "clutch" in crunch time? I think not.
Dirk isn't clutch. The fact that you believe he is makes me realize that this whole argument is just a waste of time. But I'm bored so I'll continue.

Quote:
When it comes down to it you know who you want to take that last shot.
Yeah, if I'm a Duke fan it better be Demarcus Nelson or Sean Dockery. As a Mavs fan, it better be Jason Terry. As a UNC fan, I hope Redick has the ball. That entire game I wanted Redick to keep jacking up shots - it means less easy opportunities for Sheldon Williams and Josh McRoberts.

Quote:
All I'm saying is that Redick definitely has the "ability" to be clutch in crunch time.
And UNC has the ability to win another NCAA championship. But like Redick, it doesn't matter if they don't deliver.
Carolina Blue is offline   Reply With Quote