View Single Post
Old 08-28-2002, 02:26 PM   #101
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< I could nail you for the same bs about Ska music that you laid on me about punk. Have you ever listened to the Skatalites? or Toots and the Maytals? Does your knowledge of Ska start and end with the 90's?

The Specials? The Selector? Madness? Do you know what Ska really is? The truth is it is all of the above and the new stuff. Same with punk. I saw Bad Brains in 1986 and the Clash in 1983. I listened to the Circle Jerks and Black Flag when they were releasing records.

It is annoying when people act like they know so much. So if you do, then tell me about the origins of Ska music....
>>

One, I didn't call you out. That was not me.

Two, do you want me to start in Jamaica or England? I don't know everything. And some of what I know I admit I have never heard. My personal knowledge of ska begins and ends with the 90's, Yes. But that doesn't mean I haven't gone back and listened to earlier stuff. I always considered the Clash to be punk, but in retrospect, you are probably closer to the truth. What I do know is that punk, reggae and rap all came from ska.

Big Specials fan. Does that count for something?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote