View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 12:19 AM   #74
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I have many problems with global warming hysteria.

1. The proponents are aggresively trying to halt any discussion on the issue. They shout down anyone who disagrees as tools of industry while they themselves are tools of other interests that are profiting from the catastrophe. They are not honest brokers imo.

2. The science is the science of the hysterical. Armaggedon. The folks who believe this have changed their prognostications for the last 30 years or so. First it was CFC's, got rid of those and now it's just humans in general.

3. Somehow I'm supposed to believe that they know what they are talking about when 30 years ago it was global cooling. Even the latest report (which now is "consensus") halved their own predications. You call that accurate or even science?

I have no problem in finding and using alternative energy and having cleaner technologies. But in general I don't trust liberals to get past their feelings to make intelligent decisions. They don't do it with respect to trade, unions, education, welfare and just about every other issue. If they would come out and honestly support nuclear energy I might have a little more interest in believing that it's just not another trumped up scare tactic to force more government oversight.

Kyoto is just such an example. It is an idiotic treaty but somehow anyone who opposes it is a oil tycoon or someone who wants to ravage the earth. They moralize the science instead of making their case clearly and irrecovably, which they cannot do since their own models are so inaccurate.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 03-05-2007 at 12:22 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote