View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 09:46 PM   #114
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE:Official: Dallas at New York preseason thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
I really get the feeling that we need Finley. I think we can win a championship and Im not one of the gaggle of fans that think that we need Dirk to step up in order for that to happen. I'll probably catch flack for this one since there are excuses forthcoming about Dirk's emotional state, but he looked uninterested in leading. Completely uninterested. He wanted to dominate, but he didnt look like he wanted to lead.

Anyway, its hard to put much credit in a game where we were without Finley, Stackhouse, Daniels, Harris, Dickau, and for 3/4 of the game, Howard. Missing 5 significant players in the first 3 positions is significant. It's even harder to put credit to any game where the trio of Hood/Sasser/Lopez combine for 71 minutes
But what's the point if you're Dirk? There's really not one when you're our there playing with Hood/Sasser/Lopez. I'm guessing Dirk knew this game would be a joke. Returning from a family member's funeral and playing with a bunch of misfits does not spell an inspiring performance.