View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 05:07 AM   #17
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Dude.
What were your "silly little" reasons for not serving?
In Vietnam?
I'm not Knocking your patriotism, my man, just your reasoning for Americas youth to die.

Let me put this to ya.
My best friend, Marco the Fish (his real name is Marc Williams http://www.myspace.com/marcothefish) is serving his second sentence in Iraq. And I mean sentence. He is going back over a dispute about his politics. And this is something most of the public doesn't know. If you voted against Bush and you serve, you get to go back in the "surge."

I trust the opinion of my father far more than yours and he is disgusted by the way the common soldier is being treated. If you have kids you don't go back, if you are an active republican you don't go back. If you have a Kerry/Edwards sticker on your car you ARE DEFINITELY going back. This is no longer a war, more a punishment for military who don't agree with the current administration.

Maybe you don't know, but the guys going back are the ones who have been vocal against the war. In the last year I have done over a dozen USO/Military base gigs, and the general consensus is that there are two camps in the Military right now. The guys who support the war (and aren't going over) and the guys who don't (and are going back for their second and third tour)

And for your elitism argument . My Grand Father served in the Battle of the Bulge, My father served for 30 years, are you saying that when they didn't want me to serve they were being elitists? I see it as they felt the family served enough.

For someone who doesn't have a personal perspective you sure seem to to have an opinion.

And forget your new arguments, my beef with you is the war hawk attitude of your first post.

And if it was free form, why did you edit it?