View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 04:11 PM   #293
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Kings vs. Mavs Gameday Thread (11/02/04)

Sike it's not about the man that Dirk is guarding, it's about being the last line of defense and primary shot blocker for the entire team on the floor. I'll grant that Miller is not an imposing postup center. However having Dirk as the only legit interior shotblocker on the floor for heavy minutes is not good. Dirk does much better as a secondary shot blocker. And I sure as hell don't want ground bound Henderson being the primary shot blocker and last line of defense. We have 4 very good shot blocking centers. We should use them for 45+ minutes per night at center regardless of the matchups. To do otherwise is playing that small ball crap that Nellie loves. This may be an unrealist expecation considering how Nellie hates big men (i.e. centers), but this team needs to learn to play with them if we want a championship and just don't have a goal of making the playoffs. If Nellie can't figure out how to coach and play centers, then Nellie needs to step down and let someone else coach.