View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 02:14 AM   #28
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: Mexicans Soccer Fans

I'll repeat it for drbio, it was not a generalized act, that's why I said "minor". He can eat his f* word if he wants to.

On the other hand, that kind of acts against Americans are not common here; all the contrary. You can come without any fear of finding hatred to the American people, maybe to some of your politicians, but not for the American people. And I can bet that in a month you wouldn't hear "Osama", not even a single time, probably not even on the news.

Soccer is a different thing; here is surrealism, drunkenness, passion. Soccer is more important -for many people- than the war on Iraq, that economy, or the next working day. "Osama" does not mean anything in reality, but only a thing that bothers the other team and could help to beat it.

I noticed watching the game, and also watching the news the day after, that there were some american fans partying with mexican fans during the game. There wasn't news about trouble or something, there was nobody angry or hurt; there wasn't a single fight; they had a good time, despite the result.

The fences are already on your hearts, and it's not your fault, I know.