View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 03:44 AM   #44
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Some Christians Never Give Up...lol

Thanks for the responses UL and Sike. I think I can see more clearly where you are coming from. I just don't get why a certain sin is worth giving up on someone's soul. If humans are doomed to sin then they will never completely stop sinning, and they are likely to keep repeating the same sins thier entire lives because humans are creatures of habit. So by your logic everyone will fail to acheive salvation because they will never prove to truly be sorry for all the sins they commit, because even if they stop smoking crack they will replace that sin with new ones.

Also, if someone really has convinced themselves that they are supposed to be gay then no matter how much they are commited to serving God they may never make the logical connection that God doesn't want them to be gay. You must have colleagues that disagree with your interpretations of scripture on any number of subjects. If someone is around other likeminded dedicated Chrisatians then they may never actually get God's message that thier behavior is indeed wrong even though they are truly trying to glorify him. If God really thinks homosexuality is a sin, then there will be Christians that do not understand this because humans cannot possibly get everything right. This is all assuming that homosexuality is indeed a sin of course, but you also must at least entertain the thought that you may have it wrong about this one. I grew up in a Baptist church and there was always some kind of crazy infighting and disturbing views about the outside world over some silly things IMO. My parents were/are more dedicated to thier religion than anyone and even they had to roll thier eyes when our pator passed out flyers calling for a boycott of Disney and the like.

Sorry if this reply is weak. I'll give your answers more thought later. I'm thinking about KVH right now (in a most hetero way).
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote