View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #26
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Interviews about Bill Parcell's impact on current players

Quote:
JASON WITTEN
Third round, 2003

"I broke my jaw my rookie year. I get out of the hospital on a Tuesday and I come in Wednesday morning to the meeting and we had treatment at 6:30 a.m. I come in there and my mouth is swollen. I’m obviously off that week’s game and he walks in at 6:45. It’s 15 minutes into treatment and there’s really nothing they can do other than give me an ice pack to help with the swelling. I’m just kind of there because I have to be there. Bill walks in and looks at Jim Maurer and Britt Brown, ‘Where’s Witten?’ and he made a beeline to me in the corner. I’m still on pain meds, the whole deal. I haven’t been out of surgery 24 hours and he’s like, ‘Listen to me. I’ve got the key to what’s going to get you back out there quickly. Now, I’ve been here with guys and I’ve seen guys go through this and the big thing is keeping weight on and your stamina up. You’ll be OK. I went to the store and I got you this … ' He pulled out two jars of baby food, sweet potatoes. And he was dead serious. He goes, ‘Go get this. There’s good calories, good fat. It’ll keep your weight on.’ And was completely serious about eating baby food. No, I didn’t eat it. But it was pretty cool to think he really believed that I could come back and play. And I did play, obviously, the next day. I still think he probably thinks I ate that baby food."
Bwahahaha

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote