View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #79
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Eh..I don't really agree with this. I mean, he needs to be in AAA once Salty comes back, but Teagarden is a very good defensive catcher. And beyond that, he has a stellar reputation for calling games. He wouldn't be up here at all if he weren't a great defensive catcher.
I understand his reputation as a great defensive catcher, but thus far in 2010 he's not lived up to that reputation. I say that having watched the majority of his appearances this year. I'm certainly no expert, but my eyes tell me he's got issues throwing the ball.

All of that is besides the point, which we seem to agree on. He does NOT need to be the #2 catcher when Salty comes back unless he improves tremendously between now and then when he's at the plate. I've been very happy with what Treanor's done and i'm willing to let him take over for Teaparty until he demonstrates some level of competency swing the bat in the minors.