View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #53
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rubio, "there is no conflict [between science and my faith]...and scientific advances have given us insight into how he [God] did it and when he did it.”
Science isn't talking about God because there is no theoretical or empirical basis for it. God isn't even on the radar for Scientists. God and religion will never be attacked by science and personal beliefs will always be based on "faith" which is by its very definition-- irrational. Science doesn't tell us why or who. It tells us "how" and "what".

Science is the pursuit of truths that can be proven.
Talking snakes,
men living in whales,
spontaneous human cloning from DNA rib tissue (capable of producing viable offspring nonetheless)

These would all be of great interest to science. If they could be recreated, replicated or even if they had happened more than once, scientists would love to figure out how current theories are wrong, because snakes don't talk in science nor in our every day experience. People cannot survive in the Ph of a whale stomache, so it would be interesting to research how someone could. Spontaneous human cloning that defies the laws of thermodynamics? That would be wild.

I think you just have to accept that your faith will have to either become irrational or you will have to tweak elements of your faith. Science has proven beyond any doubt that the Earth is not the center of the universe, not the only planet and ours is not the only solar system by far. Somehow, Christianity got over that when the science was developed enough (after fighting it tooth and nail for years).

Is a literal interpretation of the bible (that has already been contradicted a few times by science) that important to you? We are made up of genes-- does that mean God doesn't exist or love you? The Earth is not the center of the universe-- that that mean anything to faith?

I personally more wonder in the complexity of this marvelous machine more satisfying than the myths they replaced. God's wonder is huge and more complex than any human can even comprehend. We just keep finding smaller particles and bigger spaces and complexity inside complexity. I find it amazing and faith-supporting rather than an attack on my spirituality.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-05-2012 at 01:02 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote