View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 02:34 PM   #1
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bulls add Marshall after Jazz spurned him

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Chad Ford
ESPN.com

Chicago Bulls operations chief Jerry Krause and free agent forward Donyell Marshall were both spurned by the Utah Jazz on Thursday. So it should come as no surprise that they rushed into each other's arms on Friday.

Marshall

Two league sources told ESPN.com that the Bulls and Marshall have come to terms on a contract. The Bulls used their full $4.5 mid-level exception to lure Marshall. The deal should be announced later Friday, according to sources.

The signing is a sudden reversal for both Marshall and the Bulls. The Jazz reportedly had a four-year, $27 million offer on the table for Marshall, but pulled the offer on Thursday and instead signed free agent forward Matt Harpring, who was hotly pursued by the Bulls, to a four-year, $18.5 million dollar deal.

Marshall averaged 14.8 points and 7.8 rebounds for the Jazz last season. His ability to play both forward positions appeals to the Bulls. Right now, the team has Eddie Robinson at small forward and Tyson Chandler at power forward, but both players are still very raw. Marshall's experience, rebounding and versatility were all considered good fits by the team.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider

3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote