View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #471
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
Harrison has the stuff -- can he get the control though? He could be up there in your rotation as well.

I'd love to see Vlad back. He needs more rest though than he got this last year.
That's the beauty of the idea of both being there in the DH role. If Young got his 150+ games the following way, I would be thrilled:

1B: 80
DH: 40
2B: 10
SS: 10
3B: 10

There is the argument that he should NEVER, EVER see SS again, but the bottom line is that my understanding of WAR includes defensive metrics and Young definitely has a higher WAR than Blanco. His bat would have me prefer him in the lineup in positions that he is very weak in defensively, but still capable enough to get us through a spot start here and there.

So if you did that you could still give Moreland 80 starts at 1B AND give Vlad 120 starts at DH. That would hopefully keep him as well rested as possible and get the best production available from those old legs.

Damn I am pumped, even if Young is a full time DH. So pumped.